Sunday 14 October 2012

Trip to Lisbon - first day (domingo)

From the airport I took the metro to Restauradores station. I deposited my luggage at the hotel and started my discoveries of "Lisboa".

Elevador da Glória - one of the three cable cars

Rossio with palm trees 

Rossio: the railway-station and Rossio: the square 

The "summit" of the Elevador de Santa Justa

 Elevador de Santa Justa and the first Vespa I spotted in Lisbon

Another classic Vespa in Rua Augusta 

 From the centre I took tram no. 28 to Miradouro Santa Luzia

Great view from Miradouro de Santa Luzia

Sao Vicente nearby and a fellow photographer

A classic 'azulejo' at Miradouro de Santa Luzia

 I took tram no. 28 back to the centre and got on no. 15 to Belém.

Mosteiro dos Jeróminos in Belém

The Monument to the Discoveries and the Tower of Belém

Padrão dos Descobrimentos and looking down from the top of it

Views from Torre de Belém  


Lisboa, fundada pelos fenícios cerca de 1200 a.C., foi romana, visigoda e árabe. Capital de Portugal desde o século XIII, conhece maravilhosa prosperidade na época dos Descobrimentos.

Lisbon, founded by Phoenicians around 1200 BC, was Roman, Visigoth and Arab. The capital of Portugal since the thirteenth century, Lisbon enjoyed marvelous prosperity in the Age of the Discoveries.
 
Back in the centre, my first coffee at 'A Brasileira'

My first Fado evening ...
... at a club called Tasca do Chico in Bairro Alto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...